Are you trying to shed some pounds for the start of school, a big party, or other important event? Or are you happy with where you’re at and just want to maintain your healthy body?
Your metabolism could be your worst enemy! Choosing the wrong foods and activities could be killing your hard-earned progress and standing in the way of you reaching your goals.
But you’re in luck! This guide gives you everything you need to know to transform your body into a calorie-burning machine, all without ever stepping foot in a gym. Read on to learn how to increase metabolism without exercise.
1. Sip on Green Tea: Green tea contains the antioxidant catechin which raises resting metabolism by about 4%. That means you’ll be burning about 80 more calories per day without making any other changes.
2. Down That Yogurt: The high amounts of calcium found in dairy products aren’t only good for your bones, they also kick up your metabolism. Tell your body to start shedding fat by making sure you’re getting three servings of dairy per day.
3. Kick Up the Spice: Adding in favor-packed spices like cayenne to your recipes will not only kick up your food’s taste, but also your body’s temperature. This in turn gets your metabolism moving at full blast without adding huge amounts of calories to your meal.
4. Load Up on Protein: Lean protein sources like chicken or turkey require more energy for your body to digest than less-filling pastas and processed foods. Make quality proteins a focus of each meal. When you can’t find time to cook, turn to a quick and cheap alternative like a protein shake.
5. Don’t Forget the Nuts: Nuts such as cashews, almonds and walnuts are great sources for magnesium which has been shown to boost metabolism. They’re also very dense in calories, so enjoy in small quantities.
6. Get Rid of Stress: It doesn’t just ruin your day – stress also triggers a rise in your cortisol levels which prevents your body from burning fat. During stressful moments, try and find a few moments to yourself to do some deep breathing and calm yourself.
7. Have a Bedtime Snack: Sounds strange, right? But having a low-calorie treat before going to sleep helps to regulate your blood sugar levels and keep them from crashing. Low blood sugar eats away at lean muscle, which in turn slows your metabolism.
8. Always Eat Your Breakfast: You’ve been fasting all night, and the first thing your body needs to get your metabolism going in the morning is food. Eat within an hour of getting out of bed or your body will start to retain fat in an attempt to conserve energy.
9. Eat Whole Grains: Foods high in whole grains take up more room in your stomach and generally make you do more work to chew. Keep your metabolic fire burning by eating a diet rich in foods like brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa, and whole wheat bread.
10. Eat Your Fruits and Veggies: Chewing burns calories and gets your metabolism going, so turn to something nutritious with a crunch like whole apples.
11. Choose Sweet Potatoes: They’re not just tasty. Sweet potatoes are high in vitamins, anti-inflammatories, and adiponectin, a hormone which regulates your blood sugar and has a positive effect on metabolism.
12. Don’t Skip Meals: While lowering the amount you eat everyday will help you shed those pounds, skipping meals is a dangerous decision. This could trick your body into thinking you’re starving, sending it into conservation mode. Keep your metabolism humming and those calories burning by eating 4 to 6 small, healthy meals a day.
13.Add Cinnamon: Toss in just a bit of cinnamon with your oatmeal, whole wheat toast or morning coffee to begin your day with a boosted metabolism.
14. Drink More Water: Whether you’re trying to learn how to boost your metabolism or not, most of us are not drinking enough water. Make sure you’re getting 8 glasses, or about 64 ounces, per day to keep the fat burning.
15. Get Plenty of Sleep: You probably know from experience that not getting enough sleep makes it harder to concentrate during work or school, but it’s hurting you in other ways as well. Studies have shown that weight gain and not getting enough sleep are linked. Aim for 7 to 8 hours per night.
16. Avoid Processed Carbs: These empty calories not only leave you feeling hungry again soon after, but also send signals to your body to start storing fat. If you decide to have some chips or candy pair it with something spicy to keep your metabolism in fat burning mode.
Bonus Tip: Start The 3 Week Diet – This little-known diet plan sheds weight, and sheds it FAST. What takes most diets 2-3 months is achieved in just 21 days. Drop 12-23 pounds and 2-4 inches from your waist. All backed by science. Watch this video now to learn more.
Now the above tips don’t sound so hard, do they? After all, who could argue with more chocolate or sleep?